1. Goats are smarter than kangaroos.
When travelling back from Adelaide in the outback we saw hundreds of goats yet not many kangaroos. I thought it would be better to see hundreds of kangaroos rather than goats but goats are better because kangaroos are less cautious of cars which they like to jump out in front of where a s goats travel in packs and a lot slower so they watch out for traffic.
2. The Palace hotel (which we stayed in) is 122 years old. The Palace hotel is in Broken Hill which has the second longest veranda in the southern hemisphere.
3. That it is illegal to put carp back in the water. Our second last day consisted of fishing for carp in the lake at Goolwa. I caught a fairly small carp which I gave to a man that was fishing carp for bait for crabs.
4. Azurite and Malachite are blue and green types of copper. I never new that there were other types of copper or that they were blue and green. Which Mum and Dave found when going for a walk around the Burra open cut mine.
5. Pig face is a type of plant that grows really quickly. It is like a ‘ground vine’ you might say. It is bright green when healthy and can have orange of pink flowers.